Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Letter to a "Devoted Friend"

Despite the fact that I often appear to have my head in the clouds I'd like it to be writ large that I do not engage Mediums to solve my problems! Why would I? I have a Divine Mediator - I don't need any self-professed psychic, particularly one who sends me unsolicited emails such as this:

Dear Jen,
First of all, I wanted to thank you for your trust.
Regarding your request, your problem seemed so important to solve that I carried out a thorough study on your behalf so as to help you as soon as possible…
I invite you to consult these important revelations about you.
With all my friendship,
Your devoted friend,
Tara.
Medium
 
This is my response, which I will not be sending to Tara, for obvious reasons (not the least being cyber-vulnerability!):

Dear Tara,

First of all, I have not entrusted you with anything. I don't even know you, and until today had never even heard of you.

Secondly, I have made no requests to you, and certainly have not confided in you, so it is interesting that you have not only somehow worked out that I have an urgent problem but that you also apparently know what the problem is and how to solve it.

Thank you for offering me some important revelations about myself. I will not be consulting them. I place my trust in One who truly knows everything about me and reveals that knowledge In His Time. My God does not need to research or carry out a thorough study to determine my needs. He already understands every detail of my life, my personality, and even my future! Who else could possibly know me so well? In fact, He knows my thoughts even before I have formulated them in my head. I doubt if you could do that, nor would I want you to! If you can get hold of a Bible, I would suggest that you read Psalm 139. It’s all set out so clearly there. God made me. God knows me. God cares about me. God will help me sort out my life and deal with any anxieties or troubles, and He will indeed “lead me in the way everlasting”.

I surely do not need a Medium to sort out my problems. I have a Mediator who has promised to intercede for me at the Throne of Grace. Yes, Tara, it’s true – a Divine Mediator with whom and through whom I can communicate directly to God. Might I suggest that you take a long hard look at yourself and your values? You might realise that the powers that you lay claim to are of little worth when compared to the might of the Omnipotent God.

I pray that your eyes will be opened to the Truth that there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus” - 1 Timothy 2:5 (NIVUK).


Another thing, Tara, as for being my devoted friend – isn’t that a bit of overkill? You don’t even know me! We’re not even passing acquaintances! Let’s take it slowly! OK?

In the meantime, may I request that you refrain from any further offerings of your services? I really do not want to offend you with my refusals!

Oh, and be assured that I will pray for you, that your eyes and heart will indeed be opened to the truth and that, in time, you might redirect your prophetic energies to the glory of God.

Regards,


Jen

No comments: